Just before Christmas we celebrated Layla’s sixth birthday. She was looking forward to having a friends party this year (we alternate every year) so she decided on a Mermaid theme. Here are a few photo’s from Layla’s special day! Invitations I created … Continue reading
We are currently in party mode at our house. Yesterday Oscar celebrated his seventh birthday. Wow looking back at the past seven years it has been amazing. How much he has grown and changed. I am so proud of him and I have loved every bit of … Continue reading
Since beginning this blog I have had a lots of positive feedback. Thanks! I am really enjoying sharing my ideas and it’s always wonderful to hear that I may have inspired someone out there to do something creative. I also get asked a … Continue reading
Molly’s 2nd birthday party was gorgeous. She had a great time with all her cousins and friends and the afternoon was enjoyable. The weather was hit and miss so I was glad that I decided on having it indoors. We … Continue reading
On Saturday we are celebrating Molly’s 2nd birthday. As always in my family when it rains it pours and by that I mean I have had the busiest week. I have been to a Tupperware party, a Thermomix party, I … Continue reading
Yesterday I was on a mission. I had no kids and a big list of things that I needed to buy for Molly’s party. I was hoping to hit Spotlight and Kitchen Warehouse to get all my party needs. I … Continue reading
I have two weeks till Molly’s birthday party and how quickly the weeks have crept up. I like to think that I know what I’m doing. But I have so many ideas in my head that I need to desperately … Continue reading
We are having a small family gathering for Dave’s birthday this weekend. We have 32 people including children coming for breakfast, our immediate family and Dave’s best friend. Yes I did say small gathering! When I have people over, I go into party plan mode or as Dave likes to call it ‘Stress Mode’. I like to make sure that everything is organised and runs smoothly that way I can enjoy myself too. This is how I plan a small event…
- Send out invitation – usually via sms.
- Plan the menu – Nibbles, mains, dessert and of course the cake. I also list any dishes that the wonderful women in my family offer to bring along to share the load (this is a great help!)
- Create a shopping list – I double check my pantry/fridge to ensure I’m not running low on anything.
- The day before I bake and prepare any food that I can.
- Set up – I like things to look nice and effortless. So setting the tables beforehand allows me to take a little more care rather than rushing at the last minute.
- On the day I organise and prepare any last minute things – food prep, ice for drinks ect.
Today is preparation day. It’s time for me to get baking!