To be honest I’m not usually a big fan of Caramel Slice until my gorgeous friend Matija made it. It was that delicious I needed the recipe! Its originally a Donna Hay recipe which I converted for the Thermomix and tweaked it to make it my own. Anyway I have made it a few times and had requests for the recipe – so this one is for you Roxy!
What You Need
130g unsalted butter
150g plain flour
40g desiccated coconut
90g brown sugar
110g golden syrup
120g unsalted butter
2x 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
200g dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 180C. Light grease 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with baking paper.
- melt butter 70 degrees speed 1 for 2.30 mins.
- Add coconut, sugar & flour mix on speed 4 10sec. Scrap down and repeat.
- Press mixture into tin and bake for 15-20mins or until golden.
- Place all filling ingredients into bowl and cook on 90 degrees speed 1 for 6 mins.
- Pour the caramel over cooked base and bake for 15-20mins or until golden. Cool slightly before refrigerating until cold.
- Place chocolate & coconut oil in bowl and melt on 50 degrees speed 1 for 3 mins until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the cameral mixture and move the tin to coat the caramel. Refrigerate for 30 mins or until firm. Cut into slices.