Candy Cane Oreo Pops
Recipe From Lulu the Baker (Hit the link to see recipe with photos & tips)
1 package double-stuffed Oreos (the regular ones aren’t thick enough)
2 bags white candy melts
paper lollipop sticks
4 candy canes, crushed
What to do…
1. Get out 2 or 3 cookie sheets and line them with parchment paper or waxed paper. Very carefully twist the tops off of all the Oreos and set all of your little Oreo bits and pieces on the prepared cookie sheets. Don’t crowd them. I’d do about 12 per sheet.
2. Using the end of a chopstick or a skewer (I actually used the end of a beater last time), dig a little channel in the cream filling on each Oreo. If you start at the edge and gently work toward the middle (instead of starting in the center and moving outward), you won’t randomly lose big chunks of filling.
3. Put your candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. In this case, tall and narrow is better than short and wide. Think measuring cup, not pie plate. Melt them according to package directions.
4. Dip the end of a lollipop stick in chocolate and set it in one of the Oreo cream filling channels you dug in step 2. Gently push it all the way in and all the way down.
5. Take an Oreo top, spoon a tiny bit of chocolate onto the blank side. Flip it over, and put it back onto its mate.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the rest of the Oreos and sticks, and let them sit until completely set.
7. Take an Oreo Pop and dip it in chocolate until it is completely covered. You might need to tilt your bowl and kind of roll or swish the Oreo Pop around to get it covered. Once it is completely covered, hold it parallel to the table and gently tap the stick against the side of the bowl so that the excess chocolate coating drips back into the bowl.
9. Set the dipped Oreo Pop on it’s back on one of the prepared cookie sheets and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Allow to set. (I placed the pops into the holes of a colander to set.)
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 with remaining Oreo Pops.
11. When they’re all dry, wrap them up however you like! Or just eat them yourself; that works too!