I made these for Oscar’s Lego Party. I great way to spice up popcorn!
Recipe from My Recipe Blog Book
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popping cornCaramel
- 125g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Line a tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 pieces of popping corn. If corn slowly turns around in a circle then oil is hot enough.
- Add remaining popping corn. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. When corn starts popping, shake saucepan gently. Remove from heat when corn stops popping. Transfer to a large bowl, discarding any unpopped corn.
- Make caramel: Combine butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring mixture to the boil. Boil, uncovered, without stirring, for 5 to 8 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove from heat. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir until popcorn is coated. Spread over prepared tray. Set aside to cool. Break into pieces. Serve.
- I have a popcorn air popper so I skipped step 1 & 2.
- Place coated popcorn into patty pan rather than on the tray.