I know a few weeks have passed since Molly’s cupcake party. But I was looking through the photos and realized that I haven’t posted about how to make the cupcake liner flowers. Well I have to be honest I didn’t actually make them my gorgeous niece did.
As it was a last-minute idea I used whatever supplies I had at home. Ideally I would have used green pipe cleaners for the stems but I didn’t seem to have enough so I used vintage straws to cover the colour of the pipe cleaners. This worked perfectly!
All you need to make the flowers are … cupcake liners, buttons, pipe cleaners and something to poke a hole in the cupcake papers we used the Creative Memories Quail.
- Using the pipe cleaners thread a button through the button holes and twist the end to secure button.
- Choose two different sized cup cake liners. Turn them inside out. So the pattern is on the inside.
- Cut a small hole into the centre of the cup cake liners.
- Thread the pipe cleaner through so the button becomes the centre of the flower.
- Place the pipe cleaner into a vintage straw and display a small posy onto a glass bottle, vase or jar.
I came across another blog called Sweet Simple Stuff and she had her own twist on how to make these flowers.