This one is a great crowd pleaser. I’ve made it for birthday parties, lunches and we even took it camping with us. It is so tasty and delicious you will want to go back for more. So for those of you who have been bugging me for the recipe here it is!
What You Need
2kg boneless pork shoulder, rind removed.
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Smoked paprika
2 tsp Dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp Chinese five spice
1/2 tsp Dried chilli flakes
4 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups liquid chicken stock (I use 2 cups of water and 2 heaped tbsp of vegetable stock paste Thermomix recipe in the EDC)
What To Do
- Place oil, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, cumin, Chinese five spice & chilli flakes into a baking dish. (If you have one with a lid that’s perfect but not necessary) roll and rub oil & spices onto pork.
- Add cloves and cinnamon sticks to the base and pour in stock.
- Cover baking dish with foil tightly. (Or pop on the lid) place in oven on 150C. Roast, turning halfway through & basting occasionally, for 4 – 5 hrs or until pork is very tender. Set aside covered for 30mins to rest.
- Remove cloves & cinnamon stick. Transfer pork onto chopping board and use 2 forks to shed the meat removing any fat. Strain pan juices into jug, allowing the fat to settle on to the top. Remove and discard fat. Transfer pork and pan juices to a serving dish. Stir juices through.
- Serve the pork with coleslaw and fresh bread rolls or tortilla wraps.